Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 104 Conquered Central Park!

Tuesday, June 15th Ran 6.2 Miles/ Miles so far: 174.2/ Miles to go 825.8

What a glorious run today. Taka and I ran all the way around Central Park....6.2 miles from Columbus Circle to Harlem and back. The weather was perfect and the Park is beautiful in summer....much of the run was under a canopy of huge old trees of many varieties. People who have not been to Central Park have no idea what an urban oasis it is.

What made me especially happy was that when I began this blog in March, Leigh and I ran at Central Park and the 2.5 mile loop was all I could do. So to be able to run the long loop and almost triple the mileage felt really good. I have to admit, it was not easy and there is one steep hill after you turn the corner of the park and head back from Harlem towards Columbus Circle that is a killer and I did not know if I would make it. I kept thinking of the children's book of the little engine that could. Taka was good at encouraging me to and we stopped along the way for water.

After the run and a quick shower, we went to the park across from the apartment at World Wide Plaza and ate take out Japanese food which we washed down with vodka cranberry in tall thermoses. It was a perfect lunch after a wonderful run which I followed with a nap.....wish I could recreate more of those days....in fact...think I will! Life is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment