Saturday, June 5, 2010

Back on the Track and Post! Birthday Fun and the United Nations Gas Station.

Day 94 Friday, June 4th. I ran 3 miles today and 4.5 miles on Thursday. Total so far 142.5/ Miles to go 857.5 Gambling investment 48 dollars, won $2 Saturday and Wednesday so winnings total 27 dollars...total losses so far, 21 dollars

But, someone from Dallas won 98 million with a lotto ticket from a 7-11 in Garland on Saturday. I have to admit I experienced disappointment and the sin of coveting of my neighbors goods, or at least his lotto ticket. I mean, here I have been supporting my local Richardson Indian owned gas station convenience store and someone in the DFW area wins with a ticket from 7-11? What is up with that? My store is like a mini-United Nations. The owners are Indian but they rent out the little cafe area to a Pakistani family! Talk about peace among peoples! And it is only one block from the Mosque so there is a constant stream of Arabs and other Muslims, especially since it is also right next to the small Arab strip center where there is an Islamic Bookstore, cafe, hair salon and a space formerly occupied by a Hookah Cafe....now boarded up. I do not know if the cafe failed because there weren't enough Hookah officianaldos (don't really know what one calls those who partake of the Hookah) or if the construction in front of the center drove them out of business. Spring Valley Road has been torn up for about a year as they construct a new Light Rail mixed use development with apartments, town houses, restaurants, retail and office. The construction also brings a menagerie of construction workers into the store where I buy my lotto tickets....Mexican Americans, blue collar whites, etc. Yes I think that my store should have been the one to receive that winning lotto ticket and I should have been the one to purchase it....in the name of World Peace....But as I joked with the cashier when I did not win....maybe next time!

My running and blogging has suffered lately. Memorial Day Weekend found me grading exams all day long all weekend long. It is a tedious task, like reading the first chapter of War and Peace a hundred times and trying to find out minor differences in language and grammar. I am almost through and can't wait to turn in my grades. Unfortunately, summer school has already began and I am teaching Real Estate Transactions at 7:50 on T/W/Th until 9:30 for seven weeks. The good news is that I love to teach and get paid extra to teach summer school. The bad news is that I have not had a real break and psychologically I am tired...especially with all this grading!

Wednesday was my birthday and dear Mrs. Savage arrived with delicious beef tenderloin in tow to prepare a birthday feast. She also baked Boston creme pies for my birthday cake! Good friends celebrated with me and I will need more runs to work off the birthday calories. My birthday celebrations continued Friday night as I joined friends at a Korean Barbecue Restaurant for a second Birthday celebration. Life is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment