Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 95 Braving the Heat on the Katy Trail

Day 95, Saturday June 5th Ran 4.5 miles/ total so far 147/ miles to go 853. Won neither the lottery nor the weekly grand so now gambling investment so far 51 dollars and winnings of 27 dollars so down 24 dollars so far. :(

Saturday Taka and I took to the Katy trail around 10 a.m. Taka is hard to run with because he runs much faster and further which I attribute to the 9 years age difference (ignoring that he runs more consistently than me these days it seems). He wanted us to run 7 miles on the trail (3.5 out and 3.5 back). It was hot and I forgot my baseball cap. I did put on some sun block, but soon sweated it off. After 2.75 miles I had to stop and let him continue. I walked and then he returned after completing the leg out and we walked back together. I tried to run again and stopped after 1/4 mile, content that I had at least ran 3 miles. But when we got to the marker that said there was only 1.5 miles left Taka pushed me to run some more. I had intended to just run another 1/4th mile or so, but I put my head down and started doing a counting game and before I knew it I had run over 1.2 mile and then I realized that in around 10 or 12 minutes I would reach the end of the trail and so I just kept running and counting and even sprinted at the end to make a good 4.5 mile run with about another mile and a half of walking.

There was an old fashioned lemonade stand manned (or should I be PC and say, personed or peopled) by three young girls and Taka and I truly enjoyed the 50 cent glasses of tart lemonade. The run was followed by champagne cocktails and a nice salad that Taka prepared and a nap. I love weekend naps.

Saturday night we spent with good friends in Ft. Worth at their lovely home. We had a gourmet dinner and then and ended up singing until the early morning hours. I never knew you could find most songs in a karaoke version on UTube and their was connected to the television. Music of the Night has never been song the way I did it after too much red wine I am sure!. Saturday was a wonderful day and life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment