Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 43 Monster Drinks and Kennedy Smiles

Monday, April 12th, Day 43 of the Challenge...did not run. Still at 81 miles run and 919 to go.



I took off Sunday after running two days in a row. I had a lot of backed up chores to do including a couple of weeks of laundry...yuk, and an event Sunday night that I had to attend at school. The weekend had passed entirely too fast and I also had to prepare for my classes ....excuses, excuses...blah, blah.



Monday was incredibly busy. Started with a breakfast meeting and then I literally had meetings back to back all day, culminating in teaching my class at 7:20 so that by they time I finished I was beat. It did not help that I had not slept well Sunday night for some reason. I usually have no trouble sleeping but I had woken up at 3 and could not fall back to sleep until after 4. An early text from a friend woke me up around 7 from a weird dream in which I was talking to a panel of relatives that I did not know that I had. They came in all shapes, sizes and sexes but all shared the same big toothy grins. They said that they were Kennedy's and that is why they all had the same smile....Never knew I was related to the Kennedy's.



The only way I got through class was by purchasing in the vending machine next to the class room a large Monster Lo Carb Energy drink....not sure what all was in it but the rush got me going and an hour and 15 minutes later I said goodbye to the class, erased the marker board and headed home where left over steak and potatoes and a little Cabernet enjoyed on my front porch provided the other bookend of my day....Have a 7:30 breakfast this morning.....let the chaos begin.



Life is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment