Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 27 Saturday slump....fighting a cold and memories of my sister's brick feet!

Saturday, March 27, Day 27 of challenge: Ran: O miles/ Ran so far: 65.4/ Miles to go 934.6

It was another beautiful, but windy day in Dallas but I couldn't really enjoy it. I woke up not feeling well. Not sure if it is allergies or fighting off a cold. Got to school for a 12:30 luncheon for the Sumners Scholarship Program discussed in yesterday's post. Then we had the Student Bar Association Crayfish Boil and Carnival. Enjoyed seeing everyone, even if I did not feel at my best. Then I went with Gym Rat to look at another condo community. Ok, all my friends in New York and California, I am sorry but Dallas is soooooooo affordable. I have watched a few HDTV shows where people are looking at 1000 square foot condos for hundreds of thousands of dollars or more. We looked at a two bedroom, two bath, nice area, 1000 plus square feed, newly renovated complex, The Piazza, with courtyards and all the updates (granite counter tops, stainless steel sinks and appliances, big closets, laundry room and hard wood floors, etc. And the price? $125,000. You can find a parking space to buy in Manhattan for that price.....Of course, Dallas is not Manhattan, but still.....

Afterwards we went to Pandera's for a sandwich and I watched a little tennis at my friends apartment then fell asleep on his couch. I woke up only to eat some cheap fried chicken from Albertsons that I had purchased on the way home from Gym Rat's apartment because, when we were looking at the condo,someone had been frying chicken and I could not get the smell out of my mind. I love fried chicken. And I ate three thighs and had a glass of my box Cabernet then went to bed early. I hope I will feel better Sunday for a run....Being sick and having bricks for feet is not fun....but speaking of bricks for feet, that reminded me of a cruel song my brother and I used to sing to our shy older sister, Joyce. It was based on the old tune Five Foot Two, Eyes of Blue, etc. Only we changed the words to be:

Five foot Six,
Legs like sticks,
Feet like bricks,
and has some hicks!

Has anybody seen my sister?

Maybe my brick feet this week is just Karma for tormenting my poor sister....Joyce...I am sorry....I promise not to sing that song again! Life is Good! (even if I don't feel so good :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment