Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 28, Sunday back in the gym Pain is Weakness Leaving The Body- Whatever!

Day 28, Sunday March 28th, Ran 2 miles/ Total so far 66.4/ Miles to do 933.6
Forgot to post yesterday that I bought my Weekly Grand and Texas lotto ticket for Saturday - did not win.
Gambling investment so far 9 dollars....winnings 4 dollars...net minus 5...but there is always Wednesday!

Sunday was a better day. I had gone to bed early Saturday night and slept a long time Sunday. I know my body needed the rest. I felt like the cold was being held at bay and that I would be able to fight it off. I went into the gym in the late afternoon, hoping to be able to run and make up a little for taking yesterday off and for Friday's short 1.5 mile run. I decided to use the treadmill because it is easier on legs and feet than the concrete Katy Trail or the running track. The run started out ok but again, at about 3/4ths of a mile, my left shin started hurting and my left calf also. Not as bad as Friday, but definitely not good. I decided to take it slow and see if it abated or if a runner high of endorphins would mask the pain enough for me to continue. It didn't and I stopped at 2 miles, fearful I would hurt myself. But at least 2 miles was more than 1.5. And I did feel a little better for the run, although I also felt the beginnings of a headache and a little feverish and wondered if the cold that I thought I had beaten was returning for round two.

There are several signs around Dedman Center that boldly pronounce "Pain is weakness leaving the body!" I say Bull Sh__! Pain is pain. My motto is No Pain, No Problem. I am not in this to be hurt and I want to finish and feel good along the way. So I am glad I stopped and honored the pain and expect it to return the favor down the line and leave me the ____ alone lol.

Back at home I finished off the rest of the fried chicken I had bought the day before and mindlessly watched two episodes of Golden Girls and went to bed hoping Monday would find me better.

Life is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment